Hula for Health Fitness and Wellness Classes
A Different Way to Exercise for Rehabilitation and to Maintain Your Health & Well Being
And it Is Creative & Fun
Hula has long been admired for its grace and beauty. Few realize that it's also a great, yet gentle workout, blending the graceful movements of Hula into a unique fitness program that will improve your strength, flexibility and balance; both physical and spiritual.
- Anyone can learn hula regardless of age and most physical conditions
- It helps relieve stress, anxiety and depression
- It reverses the sign of aging, especially for the brain
- Medical studies are showing the therapeutic benefits of hula, especially for cardiovascular rehabilitation
- The basic 5 movements are simple, low impact and not stressful to the body and release muscular tension and energetic blocks in the body
- It can be done standing with the movement of your legs and body or as a sitting hula,
- There is no right or wrong way to do it and no prior dance experience is necessary
- Have fun playfully exploring your own creative expression through telling the story of the Hula with your arms and hands
- Enjoy the social interaction, that can have such an important influence on rehabilitation, in sharing Hula together
Contact Kaleo to schedule a Hula For Health class for your independent and assisted living residents, your community center, your fitness or rehabilitation center. Group, Private and Semi-Private Classes are available.
"Thank you for sharing your passion in helping us to experience how we can heal our hearts through hula!"
-Kerri and Lori, the Heart Matters Support Group • Spartanburg SC
Scarlett's High Cotton Hula for Health Classes
part of the Biggest Loser 12-Week Challenge
Wednesdays, July 17 & 31 6:30pm - 7:30pm $15 for each class
Scarlett's High Cotton, 3275 Reidville Rd, Spartanburg
A’ai ka hula, waiho ka hilihila i ka hale
Dare to Dance, leave your embarrassment at home