Hula For Seniors
A Different Way to Exercise That Is Creative & Fun
Experience the warm sun of Hawai'i through their ancient form of storytelling - the Hawaiian Hula. It is wonderful and creative form of exercise perfect for the senior community.
- Anyone can learn hula regardless of age and most physical conditions
- dance at the level that is comfortable for you
- it can be done standing with the movement of your legs and body or as Hula Noho, a sitting hula, telling the story of the hula with your arms and hands
- the basic 5 movements are simple, low impact and not stressful to the body - and great exercise for your hips, knees, legs and arms
- there is no right or wrong way to do it
- no prior dance experience is necessary
- movements are simple for each person to enjoy in their own way
- have fun playfully exploring your own creative expression
The Hawaiian tradition was oral with no written form until the arrival of the missionaries in the 1700’s, and this ancient form of storytelling unique to the Hawaiian Islands was how they shared the legends and stories of a culture grounded in love, gratitude, blessing and forgiveness as a way of living—what they call “the Aloha Spirit”.
Those residents who have had the opportunity to visit the Hawaiian Islands will find themselves relieving their pleasant memories of when they were there.
HAVE HULA—WILL TRAVEL - Contact Kaleo to schedule a class for your independent living residence or in your private community. Group, Private or Semi-Private Classes available for you, your Friends or your community
A’ai ka hula, waiho ka hilihila i ka hale
Dare to Dance, leave your embarrassment at home